August was a rather good month in terms of it being the most I’ve made online in a month this year. I’ve made more than that in a month in the past, but that was last year, in January.
August Breakdown: $310.88
– Proofreading: $174.66
– Blog commenting: $95.80
– Voice recording (Appen): $14.83
– Crowdflower Elite (task-based site): $8.59
– Pinecone Research (survey site): $5.00 (£3.00)
– I’ve been doing quite a bit of proofreading. Started in June with one site. Then I found another client last month. Hence the significant increase in August compared to $72.00 in July.
– The voice recording was a one-off gig with Appen. I’ve done the odd gig with the company in the past. I might get more work in the future.
– I think I’m done with GPTs for now. Nothing wrong with them per se – just that I’ve been doing them less and less this year – losing interest, basically. Also, the increase in proofreading work kinda finalised it for me. I do have over 600 points in Swagbucks. I need 999 to cash out a £5 Paypal voucher. Once I’ve done that, that’ll be it.
It’s been so long since I’ve had a $500+ month. And it looks like it’s going to happen this month! The last time I managed that was Nov 2008. That was almost 6 years ago.
I’ve been capable of hitting $500+ months since then – just that I never found anything I was willing to stick with. I dipped in and out of freelance writing – lovely clients too – but my heart wasn’t really in it.
I do quite like proofreading, and I much prefer it to freelance writing. However, it’s a short-term pursuit.
Anyway, that’s that.
Hope you’ve all had a cool September, whatever it is you’ve been doing to earn online. Feel free to let Aunty Eb know what you’ve been up to :).