I lost momentum in March, partly due to sickness. Made $188.80.
– Proofreading: $143.05 (from the proofing gig mentioned in previous posts. This was for work that comes in as and when, plus shift work.)
– Clickworker: $22.29 (21.28 euros) (crowdsourcing, task-based site)
– Gift Hunter Club: $19.00 (mostly doing Crowdflower tasks)
– Pinecone Research (survey): $4.46 (£3.00)
Proofreading: I cut back on the shift-based proofing work I do for three reasons:
1) The pay’s not that great, really (but it’s OK for me to do if I know I’ll be on the computer for some hours. I can then do other things when I’m on a shift and proofing work’s quiet).
2) I received a warning from the company for a few things I overlooked. That’s fair enough; I don’t fault them for that. However, it put me off doing much work there as I feared I might mess up again. (I’m over it now though)
3) I’ve been saying I want flexible work – work I can dip in and out of as and when. Shift-based work isn’t it.
Clickworker: I’ve never really been an avid user of Clickworker. Hadn’t used it for a couple of years. Revisited it last month or so. Did some work here and there. I’m yet to get into a flow. Plus work’s not that regular. However, it’s worth keeping as the pennies can add up quick when there’s something.
April’s looking slim at the mo’. I’ve made around $27 so far. I’ve recently started proofreading a bit more now — have signed up for some shifts. But I don’t intend to do a lot of those throughout the month.
I mentioned in the last post that I had my eyes peeled for an extra online gig or two that can be done on a flexi basis. I found a couple of things in the testing field. I don’t know how those will pan out in terms of work availability. Will write more on it once and if things pick up for me.
So that was my March. Here’s to the fruits of this month for us all. 🙂