(I joined Toluna UK about a year ago, but was never really active on it. So I thought I'd pass by, check if my account was still active, have a snoop around and see what Toluna could do for me [if anything]).
What in the hell's Toluna UK, ey, ey?
Keep your hair on and I'll tell ya, ok?
Toluna UK is predominantly a poll/survey site as far as I can tell. The polls themselves don't take long at all to complete as they're mostly multiple-choice questions – you just pick one answer and you're done. I've received a couple of surveys, but haven't completed them ‘cos at the time, I just couldn't be bothered. When it comes to surveys in general, I sometimes tire of the whole thing and need a psychological break. However, from the few I've received from Toluna, they take no longer than your average survey (i.e., 10-15mins).
You also get to test products for free. However, I feel Pinecone Research is better in that regard as Pinecone pays you to test products.
Who can join Toluna UK?
Only UK residents. But the good news is, Toluna has other sister sites you can join depending on where you live including:
Show me the moneeeeeeey…
With Toluna, everything is based on points which you can then convert to vouchers. No cash, I'm afraid.
Vouchers you can convert to include:
– 1500pts: a prize draw ticket (for a £5000 monthly draw)
– 3000pts: free products with Vistaprint (you pay p & p though)
– 10,000pts: a £10 discount on a spaseekers.com pamper day
– 60,000pts: a £10 Amazon voucher
Expect up to 8 weeks for a requested voucher to reach you. That's a preeetty long time. Hmmm. Hopefully, ‘up to 8 weeks' means it takes a lot less than that (more often than not).
Points per poll/survey…
Some of the polls pay and some don't, but there are quite a lot that do. To give you an idea of paying-poll quantity, yesterday I completed over 30. Didn't take long and didn't feel like work either. I just did as much as I could tolerate and moved on. I'm not sure if that's the norm with Toluna, whether they usually have that many paying polls. Only time will tell. Maybe they thought “hold up, we have a superstar in our midst – let's lavish her with all the points we can muster”. Erm, I don't know.
For the paying polls, you get a minimum of 15 points each. The questions are very straightforward. I've gotten a 30pt and 150pt poll too and those took me no more than a couple of minutes to complete. For the surveys, you get a minimum of 1000 to 20,000 points per completion.
How to build up your points…
– By joining…'cos you get a 500-point welcome bonus for that. (as I'm only a member of the UK one, I don't know if you get a bonus in the other Toluna sites.)
– Complete the ‘Interests Surveys' section. It's the same thing as completing your profile. It helps Toluna find out more about you in order to figure out what surveys to email to you. The great thing is for each survey you complete in that section, you get 300 points. There are 16 surveys in total, so that's a cool 4800 points.
– You also get a 2000pt bonus once you complete all the surveys in the Interests Surveys section.
– Do a handful or two of the mini 15pt polls.
– Do the slightly longer paying polls that tend to pay more. There doesn't seem to be a lot of those though.
– Try doing the surveys you're sent. Don't be like me and pass on them. Alternatively, you can be like me. I'll, like, totally take it as a compliment ('til it starts freaking me out).
I'm at 3,050 points at the mo'. I don't have the patience for 60,000 points, so it's good that there are a couple of other vouchers I can aim for. Think I'll go for 10,000 pts and see what I can get with that.
I'm trying to streamline the amount of survey sites I'm with to just a handful, so I'm not sure how long I'll stick with Toluna. Depends on how effortless I find it, how long it takes me to reach payout and how efficient they are at posting out vouchers when they say they will.
(UPDATE: 23rd Jun – I've reached 10,535 points now. I ordered a £10 discount spa voucher (worth 10,000pts). I'm keen to see how efficient Toluna is at sending it out. We'll see.)
(UPDATE: 5th Aug – Received my Toluna voucher today (via email). Took about 6 weeks. Proof below.)
Have a lovely week, people. Blow bubbles.