SO WHAT’S PIGSBACK?
However, a couple of differences exist between these two sites:
1) Whereas both sites are only open to UK residents, Pigsback does have a sister-site for Canadian residents (pigsback.ca). (Update: the Canadian site is temporarily closed.)
2) Whereas MyShoppingRewards send you a cheque, Pigsback send you a voucher (which can be chosen from a list of available suppliers).
3) The minimum pay-out is £20 for MyShoppingRewards, while on Pigsback the minimum is a £1 voucher.
4) PLUS, a MAJOR, MAJOR difference is: Whereas MyShoppingRewards take 2 months to confirm points earned, Pigsback are a lot more flexible depending on the merchant (it can take anywhere between 24hrs & 6 weeks to confirm.)
PIGSBACK’S POINTS SYSTEM
1 point = 1 pence.
I MUCHO PREFERO PIGSBACKY’O…
I personally prefer using Pigsback, it’s a lot less hassle reaching the minimum cash-out. I mean, I don’t have to wait AGES for my earnings to be confirmed. Considering both sites are based in the UK, and are just as prolific in terms of the amount of reputable shops on their books, I don’t understand why it takes MyShoppingRewards so long to confirm (though they do explain why on their site), but when you get a similar UK-based site that confirms within a shorter amount of time, it does make me wonder.
ERM, I DIDN’T JOIN FOR THE SHOPPING…
I really don’t shop online that much. I joined both sites for all the points I can get for just signing up to newsletters, entering competitions and joining other websites.
HOW I GAIN POINTS ON PIGSBACK WITHOUT SHOPPING FOR A THING…
1) Most times when I log on, they usually have a group of 9 clickable boxes on their homepage. Some of these boxes can earn you 5 points (5 pence) when you click on them (see image below). And that’s all I have to do.
2) There are a couple of weekly quizzes on their site. Each quiz answered correctly gains me an instant 10 points (10 pence).
3) They have daily quiz competitions too which can earn you several points if you win. The questions aren’t hard, but your chances of winning depend on the luck of the draw. I tend not to do these that often as I’ve never won anything but I do them every now and again.
4) I also join newsletters and register with websites. (for instance, the other day I joined a site called SongPeople thru Pigsback and got rewarded 100points)
HOW MUCH HAVE I EARNED WITH PIGSBACK?
Well, to be honest, I can’t remember how much I’ve earned since I joined. I’ve received a couple of vouchers, £10 here, £5 there. I often get the vouchers when I least expect them, when I’m mad mad broke. Other times, I give them to my sister.
P.S: OH AND ANOTHER THING…
– You can get a joining bonus of up to £2.
OH AND ANOTHER PS:
This review is based on my personal experience of Pigsback.com (the UK/Ireland site). I don’t know what the Canadian site is like (though I do hope it’s as beneficial to those who use it as I’ve found the UK site to be).
Yabba Dabba Doooooooooooooooo….