(7th Dec – ATTN!: I’ve just read on this site that 1-800-Mail is a scam. Another link about it is here. It’s also on ScamFraudAlert.com. I have to admit that 1-800’s name itself made me slightly suspicious, but I figured joining up would be one way to figure out what it was really about. Plus their membership plan coupled with their high payout level seemed unreasonable. Check out this link too.) (Oh boy, here’s another link, and another, and most importantly, read what GPTboycott.com have to say about it. NOT looking good, is it?)
(Read my next post for more details)
(Pls note that the review below was written b4 I found out it was a scam. 1-800-Mail are getting no further link love from me – all links to them have been disabled.)
I recently joined 1-800-mail after a previous commentator on this blog recommended it. I initially didn’t want to join as I’m already on one or two paid-to-click programs and I’d rather concentrate on a few. But curiosity got the better of me!
Was really really straightforward and I was ready to start using the program straightaway which was pretty good. You also get a $20 bonus when you sign up.
AND FROM THERE?
The first area I went to was their ‘Paid to Click’ section. Each ad you click on earns you 2cents. There are 5 ads on each page and at my time of checking, there were 9 pages in total, so that’s a potential 90cents if you have the patience to click all of the ads (ooooh, I knew I was good at Math!).
Secondly, I checked out their ‘Paid to Sign-Up’ page. You get 30cents for each site you sign up to. At the time I checked, there were 4 of those, so that’s $1.20 altogether. (whether the same amount of ads/sites are available after that is yet to be seen)
Next, I went to their ‘Auto-Surf’ section. However, when I visited that section, I was met with this message:
“Sorry, We do not use AutoSurf system!”
(Huh? Go figure.
Erm, I think it might be best for them to remove that section altogether if that’s the kind of message a user’s gonna get.)
IS THIS PROGRAM OPEN TO INTERNATIONAL USERS?
DO THEY HAVE A REFERRAL PROGRAM?
Yep they do. You get 7% of the earnings of anyone you refer and a further percentage for the person your referral refers all the way down to the 5th level.
AND WHAT ABOUT PAYOUT?
Well, erm, you get payout when you, erm, reach $125. Yep. $125. Nope. You didn’t read it wrong. Uh-huh – $125.
AND WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I REACH THE BIG 125?
Payment is issued anywhere up to 90 days ‘or a reasonable time after’. A reasonable time after what? – after 90 days? Or after you request the payment? I’m not too clear on that.
AND FORMS OF PAYMENT?
Paypal or Egold.
OH, AND THE NEXT DAY…
I had 10 messages in my inbox worth 10c each. When you click on the link in the message, you have to spend a minimum of 60secs on each site that you visit, then you get a message in the upper left-hand corner of the screen saying you’ve been credited.
AND 2 DAYS LATER?
There were 30 messages in my inbox – all worth 10c each, except one which was worth 25c. So in total, $3.15.
AND HOW MUCH HAVE YOU MADE SO FAR?
$22.70 ($20 signup bonus + $2.70 paid emails)
SO LET’S RECAP…
– 1-800-mail is a paid-to-click/read, paid-to-signup program
– it’s open to international residents
– it’s really quick & easy to register
– you can start using and earning straight after registration
– you get a $20 bonus upon signing up.
– you earn 2cents per ad clicked on
– you earn 30cents per program joined
– you earn 10cents per site visited (per message in your inbox)
– payout is at $125
– it can take up to 90 days for you to receive it
– payment is via Paypal or eGold
THEY DO HAVE AN UPGRADE PROGRAM HOWEVER…
…ranging from Bronze ($25 lifetime membership) to Diamond ($320 lifetime membership). All levels of membership (apart from Bronze) decrease your minimum payout so for example you can cash out at $75 if you become a Silver member all the way down to a $10 minimum payout when you sign up to the Diamond one.
MY INITIAL THOUGHTS HAVING USED 1-800-MAIL FOR A FEW DAYS…
1) With a minimum of 10 x 10cent emails being received everyday, $1 a day isn’t bad – it won’t get me rich – but it’s much better than what I was getting from Adsense.
2) It’s also better than Realbux (another get-paid-to-click-and-read program) which was paying 2c a click for visiting mostly spammy sites (I left that program in a flash). (Don’t get me wrong, some of the sites on 1-800-mail’s program are spammy but definitely not as much as Realbux.)
3) the $125 minimum payout is pretty steep
4) the $20 signup bonus is a good headstart
5) I think their upgrade/membership system is a bit laughable though (well that’s what I did when I saw it – laugh).
I’m not sure how long I’ll carry on with this program, but I will give it a try for a month or so – see how it goes.
Have a good weekend, y’all…
Ho, ho, ho and a bottle of jazz,